Independent living is an ideal option for retired MA seniors who are ready to enjoy their freedom and shed the daily hassles associated with home ownership. Residents at New Horizons’ vibrant independent living community in Woburn, MA do not require assistance performing daily activities. They do, however, appreciate trading meal preparation, snow shoveling, and other household chores for leisure pursuits. These seniors make the most of their retirement years by attending regularly scheduled group activities and exciting events and by enjoying fine dining with friendly neighbors. New Horizons residents also enjoy convenient access to an on-site hair salon and barber, pharmacy, and other medical and personal services.
Independent living includes all of the following:
- Free washer and dryer use
- 24-hour front desk reception
- Access to a wellness coordinator
- Three home-cooked meals daily
- All utilities except phone and cable
- Use of all common area living space
- Common area wireless internet access
- Comprehensive activities programming
- Weekly housekeeping and building maintenance
- Weekly shopping trips and outings on the New Horizons bus
Residents who find themselves in need of additional support services can easily transition to our assisted living program while remaining in their current residence.
Both New Horizons are strictly not-for-profit communities owned by Cummings Foundation, one of the largest private foundations in New England. Cummings Foundation awards more than $25 million annually, and has awarded more than $280 million to date to support Greater Boston nonprofits.